Learn Health & Safety
What Is a Health and Safety Representative
A Health and Safety representative is an employee who has been chosen to represent the part of the organisation in health and safety concerns or topics. Health and Safety representatives have a number of functions they can carry out, which comes with the power they have in this role.
Some of the tasks they have to carry out include:
- Representing the matters related to the wider employees’ health and safety
- Voicing ideas that could improve health and safety
- Looking into complaints made by workers that relate to health and safety
- Finding ways to mitigate risk
- Reviewing and monitoring any changes that have been made to ensure they are effective
- Giving feedback to the organisation on the changes
- Pass important health and safety information onto others
In order to become a Health and Safety representative, you will often have to undergo specific training that ensures you comply with regulations to be the representative for your organisation.
Health and Safety Tools & Resources
Contact QSM Group
Get in touch with QSM Group today to see how we can help your business with its QHSE and compliance management and training needs.