Environmental Management Systems
ISO 14001 - Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
ISO 14001 sets out the requirements for an environmental management system. Having an effective environmental management system in place can allow businesses to identify, monitor, control and manage the environmental issues relevant to their operation.
The ISO 14001 requirements get organisations to look at all of the environmental aspects relevant to their operation, including:
- Air pollution;
- Waste management;
- Climate change mitigation;
- Water and sewage issues;
- Soil contamination; and,
- Resource use and efficiency.
What are the benefits of using an environmental management system in your business?
- Ensured compliance with current and future statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Enhanced business and brand reputation; and,
- Improved efficiencies and reduced costs;
- Improved performance through effective use of resources and optimised waste reduction;
- Increased opportunity to access new business partners and clients; and,
- Preparedness for the ever-evolving business landscape.
Click here to learn about other ISO standards such as ISO 9001 (Quality Management Systems) and ISO45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management.